How to Play
Participating in a Mojingo.com contest is easy. To get started, you simply need to submit a pick on a game (at no risk or cost to you) against real-time betting lines. Once your pick is submitted, you will be automatically entered into any contest for which the game qualifies.
Our contests are defined by league, with a start date and end date. Your picks will be eligible for any contests within the league and date range specified by the contest rules. Since we have weekly, monthly and seasonal contests, a single pick could count towards multiple contests. With up to 15 potentially running concurrently during peak season, everyone has a shot to win!
To make a pick, navigate to the league scoreboard and click on the Make Picks link to get to the game page for that event. The game page will give you everything you need to make an informed pick on the game, including team comparisons, recent trends, individual team news (coming soon), team injuries, and betting odds. If you would like to better understand game odds and how they work, look at our Betting 101 section for more information.
If you decide to make a selection on one or more of the bet types, simply click the "Pick" or "Lock" option, add rationale (optional) and click "Submit" for each bet type. After making your pick, you can move on to other games or head to "My Picks" to review your pending picks.
All Picks must be submitted at least 1 hour prior to the start of an event, and cannot be edited. Once a pick is submitted, subscribers will be able to view your pick by utilizing the Picks/Locks filter.
For every contest, a user will begin with 10,000 points. Users are allowed to make picks, and offer optional rationale/commentary on any sporting event available on Mojingo.com.
- Line (aka, against-the-spread, run-line, or puck-line)
- Money line (straight up to win)
- Total (aka, over/under)
Note: For a more in-depth discussion on the odds, visit Betting 101.
For each pick, a user will risk 100 points, which will be deducted from your total if the pick is incorrect.
If you pick correctly, the points gained will depend on the odds for that specific game and bet type. Let's use the example below to explain
- A "+" in front of the odds indicates what you will win when you risk 100 points. In the money line example above, Phoenix is +145. On Mojingo.com, you would lose 100 points if you lose a money line "Pick" on Phoenix, but gain 145 if you win.
- A "-" in front of the odds indicates that one who risks the amount following the "-" sign stands to win 100 points. In the above line (spread) example, the odds are -110 for each side of the bet. Therefore, risking 110 points would earn 100. However, on Mojingo.com, you only have the option to risk 100 points for a "Pick", which will earn 91 points ((100/110)*100 = 91).
- The odds for total (over/under) work the same way. In this case, as with the line, the odds are -110 for each side of the bet.
- As noted in Betting 101, the odds establish the ratio of amount wagered to potential winnings. On Mojingo.com, points risked are at a set amount for both "Picks" and "Locks" However, please note that in real betting scenarios, any amount can be wagered, with the same ratio being applicable.
Note: Points for all "Picks" and "Locks" are rounded to the nearest point. A pick/lock with -110 odds is worth 91 points, not 90.9.
Lock a pick
If you are confident in the outcome of a given "Pick", you can "Lock" it. For a correct "Lock", a user will earn double points. However, by placing a "Lock" on an event, the user will be risking 220 points for a loss instead of just 100 for a "Pick".
To further clarify scoring, refer to the following tables:
Table 1 - "Picks" are worth 100 points
|Pick Type||Team||Line||Money line||Win||Lose||Push|
|Line||Patriots||-3.5||-110||+91 points||-100 points||0 points|
|Colts||+3.5||-110||+91 points||-100 points||0 points|
|Money line||Patriots||n/a||-250||+40 points||-100 points||0 points|
|Colts||n/a||+220||+220 points||-100 points||0 points|
|Total||Over||45.5||-110||+91 points||-100 points||0 points|
|Under||45.5||-110||+91 points||-100 points||0 points|
Table 2 - "Locks" are worth double, but you risk 2.2 times if you lose
|Pick Type||Team||Line||Money line||Win||Lose||Push|
|Line||Patriots||-3.5||-110||+182 points||-220 points||0 points|
|Colts||+3.5||-110||+182 points||-220 points||0 points|
|Money line||Patriots||n/a||-250||+80 points||-220 points||0 points|
|Colts||n/a||+220||+440 points||-220 points||0 points|
|Total||Over||45.5||-110||+182 points||-220 points||0 points|
|Under||45.5||-110||+182 points||-220 points||0 points|
Throughout each contest, users point totals will fluctuate based on the accuracy of their "Picks" and "Locks", which will depend on their knowledge of the particular sport and skill in making accurate picks. Those users who are at the top of the points standings at the end of each contest will be rewarded with prizes, assuming they have qualified (see "Eligibility" below).
Subscribers have the ability to use various features on the website to gather information on upcoming games from all Mojingo.com users. Therefore, your picks will be visible to subscribers through our Picks/Locks filter once the pick has been submitted. Your picks will also be viewable to subscribers on your "My Picks" page. Finally, subscribers will be able to view other users' performance history on their "My Account" page.
See how you're doing
Your "My Picks" page, allows you to monitor your daily performance. The "My Picks" page will display information on all "Picks" and "Locks" made for the day, including the pick detail, possible points for win and loss, and the current score of the sporting event. You can track your win/loss record, the amount of points you have won or lost on completed games, where things stand for in-progress games, and how many points are left for you to accumulate in games yet to be played.
Standings will be updated shortly following the completion of each sporting event. You can track your progress on the standings page at any time.
Your "My Picks" page will also allow you to look at your historical performance, with options to look at a summary of your win/loss record and points gained/lost for the past 7 days, 30 days, or within a customized date range.
Game lines can be found on each league's scoreboard and then again on each game page. Lines are also available on the Picks/Locks page. Lines are subject to change prior to an event start. However, once you make your "Pick", you have secured the line on that game. It is best not to wait on making a selection if you believe the lines are favorable at any given point in time.
MLB, Postponed, Shortened and Suspended Games
Any "Pick" or "Lock" on a game that is suspended, shortened, or postponed due to weather or other mitigating circumstances will be automatically treated as a push (no points won or lost). Users can make new "Picks" or "Locks on rescheduled events, assuming lines are available. While MLB games are most likely to be impacted by suspensions, shortened games, or postponements, mitigating circumstances could lead to such occurrences in any sport.
All users who meet qualification requirements (see "Eligibility" below) for a given contest will be eligible to receive prizes. The following prizes may be available:
- Weekly contest prizes: For each weekly contest made available during a league's season, we will award cash and/or non-cash prizes to top performers. See each individual contest for prize detail.
- Monthly contest prizes: For each monthly contest made available during a league's season, we will award cash and/or non-cash prizes to top performers. Please see individual contest for prize detail.
- Special contest prizes: Cash and/or non-cash prizes will be awarded for special contests, including referral contests and special events (e.g., Super Bowl and Final Four).
- Seasonal prizes: We may run contests for full seasons in some or all of the six major sports leagues, for which we would award cash and/or non-cash prizes to top competitors over the course of the season. Please see individual contest for prize detail.
If you win a contest, you will be notified via e-mail within 5 business days of the end of the contest. For cash prizes, directions on how to receive your money through Paypal will be included. For non-cash prizes (e.g. hats, t-shirts etc.), the e-mail will contain the shipping address that we have on file. Any changes to that address need to be sent to us immediately to avoid any problems receiving your prize. For non-cash prizes, your prize will be sent out within 10 business days of the contest completion. If contact/address information is not provided or incorrect, you may lose out on your prize.
Note: Non-cash prizes may be substituted for prizes of equal or greater value, if original prize is not available
Our contests are open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, who are at least 18 years of age and registered on Mojingo.com. Our contests are void where prohibited by law.
A user is automatically enrolled in a contest upon submission of their first pick in a given sport during the contest period, however will need to meet certain requirements to be eligible for cash and other prizes. Eligibility requirements will be disclosed on rules pages for each contest:
- Participants in each contest will need to reach a minimum number of total "Picks" in a given period to qualify (total "Picks" includes both "Picks" and "Locks"). The minimum will be set at the outset of each contest based on several criteria, including the number of events or possible picks in each contest period.
- In addition to "Pick" minimums, each user must "Lock" a minimum number of picks to qualify for each contest; the number of "Locks" will also be tied to the number of events in each contest period.
We request that users do not attempt to use multiple accounts. If we suspect a user has created multiple accounts, those accounts will not be eligible as qualified referrals in our referral contests.
|No Active Picks|